Energy efficiency is great for reducing monthly bills and helping the environment. San Antonio naturally has great weather for many months of the year, but during those peak winter and summer months, heating and air conditioning are essential.
Thankfully, getting your home to a comfortable temperature with your HVAC in San Antonio doesn’t having to mean spending a lot of money or damaging the planet. Here are a few simple tips on running your HVAC system more efficiently:
- Regular maintenance on your heating and air conditioning unit is essential. Many San Antonio HVAC repair companies offer annual maintenance contracts. These will save you the trouble of having to hire someone each season, and maintenance contracts will also save you money.
- Replace or change reusable air filters on a monthly basis during regular use. Dirty air filters make your HVAC system work harder. Air filters are cheap, especially when compared to how much you will save on your bills.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat with the Energy Star stamp. A good thermostat will help regulate your heating and air conditioning units so that they only run when they absolutely need to.
- Be sure your home is properly sealed and able to hold in the air your HVAC provides. Windows and doors that aren’t properly sealed can let out the air and force your HVAC to run more often.
- Work with the outdoors. In the summer, protect your home from direct sunlight. When cooling your home, close curtains and blinds during the day. During the winter when running your heater, let in as much sun as possible.
For more help on getting your home the perfect temperature, contact John Wayne Heating and Air Company at (210) 591-7847, in San Antonio, Texas. We can help your home be comfortable during those especially hot months of summer and cool months of winter.